Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Invincible Summer Book Review (2014 Blogger Challenge ~ Topic 3)

Hi Everyone!

So again I have missed another post, but what is new really, right? This is my make-up Makeup Monday for the second week in a row. School has been crazy busy and I have just not had the time to sit and write a quality post. Today, though, I am doing the Third Topic for the 2014 Blogger Challenge. So I guess it is really not a makeup related post but it needs to go up by tomorrow so I am doing it today!

Let’s Get Started!

The third topic is supposed to be about a book. Now I could easily do a review on Harry Potter or the Hunger Games and tell you how amazing it is and how much I love it but I thought instead I would do something else. I chose for my book to review to do it on Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz.


This is what is written on the back of the book:
Noah’s happier than I've seen him in months. So I’d be an awful brother to get in the way of that. It’s not like I have some relationship with Melinda. It was just a kiss. Am I going to ruin Noah’s happiness because of a kiss?


It is definitely a young adult book. It centers on a high school boy, Chase, and his summers at his beach home.  Because the perspective is from a guy I found so interesting because most love stories are from the perspective of the girl or third person, at least that I have read. The focus may be on him but it is also on his older brother, his younger sister and brother, and the family next door. It is a love story as I have said but it is very twisted and always keep you guessing on what is going on. This is because Chase is in love with his older brother, Noah’s, “girlfriend,” Melinda. 

It is a quick and easy read so great for the summer, car rides, or just leisurely reading. 

I highly recommend checking it out because I loved this book! You follow the journey of Chase's summers at the beach and all of what he manages to get into and what happens to his family. 

Thank you so much for reading and taking a look!
New main posts every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.
Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you have down below!

~Rachel

Follow Me On:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and this also gives me a chance to check out other blogs if you leave a link to yours as well! I always try my best to respond to all and check out the links you leave!