Monday, January 13, 2014

Deceitful and a Liar? (Makeup Monday)

Hi Everyone!

Today I thought I would do something different from a beauty review or show you some aspect about makeup and discuss an article that I found online where men comment on women's use of makeup. I would love to hear your opinion also so feel free to tell me down below in the comments. 

Let's Get Started!

To start, the men were shown this picture of a women without makeup and then with makeup. 


Clearly we can all see that there is a difference in the two pictures but that is what makeup is for right? To highlight the features you have and create the ones you may want. Yes this photo may be a little drastic, I do understand that is not what everyone's daily makeup looks like, but I found the comments the guys, from this article, made to be quite rude and they made me angry. I also understand that you can't take the comments that are said to seriously either.

Comment One:

“The girl in the photo is apparently not satisfied with the way she looks without makeup and uses makeup to artificially portray a person more people would find attractive.”

One thing I find that maybe guys don't get is that not all women wear makeup to have others think of them as attractive. Some women, in fact, most women I believe use makeup to make themselves feel better and have confidence. When I get ready in the morning I love putting on my makeup because I can change it up from day to day and I go with what makes me happy and feel good, I do not sit at my vanity and say "What makeup should I put on so that people will think I'm super pretty."

Comment Two:

“I think it is deceitful, men go for looks, and for most looks are an important aspect of your potential partner.”

Yes we get men go for looks, and women in return go for looks as well, but at some point I'm pretty sure they will decide if they like our personality also. Since he probably will not see me without makeup until we are pretty far into some kind of a relationship when I take off my makeup, if you like my personality and being with me, wouldn't he still stick around? Well maybe not this guy but in that case he seems to be a bit of an ass. Also when you don't have a professional makeup artist on hand everyday, one can only do so much to completely change the face. 

Comment Three:

“Women get up every day, and one of the first things they do before they even leave the house is put on a face that lies to the world. The majority of women even refuse to be seen in public without their liar’s face on. And they claim men are deceptive…ha!”

Liars face on? Where in the world did they find these men that they surveyed. I think someone is jealous he cant wear makeup and cover up flaws. Why would I want to walk around showing everyone my acne scars? So yes I will have makeup covering them up but I didn't know that made me a liar. I mean sure if you really want to see them I have no problem with showing you them but I sure don't want to see them in pictures or in the mirror.

In the end I have come to the conclusion that either way we as women lose the battle. Men want natural beauty but only if that natural beauty looks like the picture on the right and if our natural beauty looks like the picture on the left then you can forget about any guy coming up to you according to these men.   

Yes some women do have natural beauty and look flawless without makeup some women on the other hand want that extra boost, makeup, to make them flawless and there is nothing wrong with that. It does not make them a liar or deceitful. Instead it makes them feel confident and beautiful. 

Men can be horrible and making women feel beautiful so instead we can take it into our own hands and we can make ourselves feel beautiful with no help from anyone telling us anything. 

Thank you so much for reading and taking a look!
New main posts every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, & Sunday.
Please feel free to leave any comments you have down below I would love to see them!

~Rachel

Follow Me On:

Bloglovin | Twitter
                                                             
Related Post I have done like this:

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, no wonder why you were livid reading the original post! I'm annoyed reading just the men comments and (ignore my langue but) they sound like douches.

    I hate how most men think that women in the beauty industry are either insecure or full of themselves. In person I almost never wear makeup, because of the way it feels, but online I feel as though you have to. And no, not because I'm "putting on my liar face", but because these same men that complain about makeup are also the ones shaming girls who look normal and call them "homely" I swear you can never win. That's why if a guy ever judgmental I just look at them with a weird face and stop talking to them right on the spot. I don't need that in my life -.-"
    xoxo
    Sierra Calah ♡ Berry Stylish  

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like men are never really going to understand this. I love makeup, I love wearing makeup and experimenting. However I also love the feeling of not wearing makeup all day and feeling fresh and clean. Makeup is for me and certainly not for anyone else - thankfully my boyfriend loves me with or without makeup and isn't really bothered whether I'm wearing it or not!

    xx

    www.erinjaine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe those comments, how ridiculous! Most women I know use make-up to make themselves feel more confident and to have fun experimenting with new products and shades, rather than for anyone else. This is a really interesting post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel, great post! It is amazing how hypocritical men can be about makeup! Anyways, I wanted to let you know that I'm featuring your post tomorrow on my blog for my monthly Blog Love post. Thanks for sharing this!
    x
    Bobbi

    www.productdoll.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband says both pics are good and these men are clearly not real men who probably are insecure themselves. He thankfully likes me natural, but appreciates me made-up too. No wonder young girls are insecure with this rubbish though! :(

    Louisa @ My Family & Abruzzo

    ReplyDelete
  6. To be fair I know that girl in the picture and she is really beautiful in real life and the make up in the there is made for photoshoot...I don't think that someone walks with this amount of makeup every day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol. I don't think you should take these comments too seriously. Not all guys react this way, and the ones who do are obviously very immature.
    As far as make up making us "liars", lol, a very unique interpretation. Make-up is a form of etiquette these days. If you go bare faced, you look unfinished compared to everyone else. What people see as "Natural" is not at all natural. What is really natural is viewed as ugly. As long as you don't go get plastic surgery, I think all the make up in the world is harmless.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your feedback and this also gives me a chance to check out other blogs if you leave a link to yours as well! I always try my best to respond to all and check out the links you leave!