Monday, August 19, 2013

Cream Eyeshadows (Makeup Monday)

Hi Everyone!

Today for makeup Monday I am going to be discussing three different brands cream eye shadows. I will be going over Revlon, Benefit and Maybelline's.

Let's Get Started!

Maybelline Color Tattoo:


My Thoughts:
The color tattoo is one of my favorite cream eye shadows. These, at least the ones I have tried, have great pigmentation. They are a little thicker but I have found because of this they do not crease and smudge as much. This I think also may be because they are a little bit drier then others and not quite as creamy and like a liquid. It really does last a long time like the name says it does. One downside to this product is that it is not easily blendable and that is because it is a little bit more dry. Another downside it brings because it is dry is applying because it does not move around the eye is well. So a tip is to start out light because then you can build up color otherwise it is difficult to blend out.

Price:
$6.99

Where to Find:
Drugstores, Target, Wal-Mart, and Ulta

Benefit:



My Thoughts:
I find that the Benefit cream eye shadows are great for a base coat. These I find do not seem to last as long as they should. The pigmentation of these is not quite what I would hope for because it is very light and creamy so the color blends out very easily. I did find that it creased quite a bit to and I do not like that at all. That is something I try to avoid at all costs. Like I said though they are easily blendable which is something I like about them and they look great under other eye shadows. Color buildup is something you can do to make the color you want and it wont feel heavy on the eye because it is so light and creamy.

Price:
$20.00

Where to Find:
Ulta and Sephora

Revlon:

My Thoughts:
I own two of these little palettes of cream eye shadows and I do like them but they are not great. They pigmentation of colors are good but I feel that in a palette all the colors are very similar and there is not much of a difference especially in the neutrals. It does tend to crease and smudge extremely easy as well which is a downside to them. I think because the pigmentation of them is good they look good by themselves and also as a base coat. This eye shadow is easy to apply this I think is mostly because it is so blendable. Overall I think there are more cons but I do use this on occasion if I have to go out somewhere quick but then plan to spend the rest of the day at home and don't want to do major eye makeup.

Price:
$5.99

Where to Find:
Drugstores, Target, Wal-Mart, and Ulta

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for Reading!

New Posts Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday

Also make sure to check out my other blog which is about college and lifestyle. The first post went up today!

http://collegeandlifestye.blogspot.com/2013/08/a-new-journey-new-you-new-everything.html

~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and this also gives me a chance to check out other blogs if you leave a link to yours as well! I always try my best to respond to all and check out the links you leave!