Friday, August 16, 2013

Prints (Fashion Friday)

Hi Everyone!

Today is fashion Friday and I am going to be talking about prints.

Let's get Started!

Prints are a great way to add something unique to an outfit. As someone who owns more neutral clothing items then colored prints are awesome. They are way to add a fun element to what might be an all neutral outfit. If like me you own a lot of neutral tops or jeans then a fun printed top or bottom can then easily be paired with things in your wardrobe.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Lets talk about a few different type of prints that are easy to pair with things.

The first is stripes. I love stripes because they are easy to style and pair.


Stripes colored or neutral can always be paired with jeans or black bottoms. As you can see from the pictures stripes is a print that can be dressed up or dressed down. Stripes are also great if you are mixing prints as well because they can also easily mix with other prints. Stripes are one of my personal favorite prints because I don't really have to worry about if they go with an outfit. Stripes really can add something to an outfit instead of just having a plain solid colored shirt.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

The next print is chevron. I love chevron and actually just got a chevron scarf. Chevron is like stipes but zig zag.


Chevron is a print that by itself can be interesting as a whole outfit like a dress. Unlike stripes if you had just a two color whole striped dress it wouldn't be as interesting as a chevron one would in the same color.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

When I think of a really girly print I think of a floral print. Floral print can really be a hit or miss for me I think a floral print that is nice but that doesn't look like a grandma print can sometimes be hard to find.

For instance this one is not my favorite floral print but in different colors I think it could be nice. The colors of the floral I think really do play a role in how the floral looks. I personally believe a vibrant floral looks better then a pastel floral. I also think floral looks best paired with neutrals because it is such a statement and lots of colors.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Animal Print is the last type of print that I will be talking about. Animal print can either be great and look super nice or it can look cheap and trashy. I think its a print that you have to be really careful with.

Animal print is one that I wouldn't, personally, wear with anything but a neutral but styled correctly can look really nice with other colors.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
One thing that I have been loving is printed jeans. I think this adds so much fun to an outfit instead of just plain jeans.


Printed jeans like the cheetah print ones really can go with anything and in my opinion or like a plain pair of jeans and you don't have to worry about if a color goes with them. The floral pair on the other hand you do have to think about if you have multiple tops that can go with them.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Something that I find hard to do is mix prints. I think it is something that you really have to have an eye for and good styling.


When mixing prints there are a few things that you have to do and keep in mind.
~Make sure there is a common color in the prints unless one is neutral.
~When mixing prints have one be a smaller print and one a larger print.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Just like when buying any new article of clothing make sure you have things to pair it with. If you are getting a new pattern think about al the things in your closet that you can pair it with. If you don't have more then one thing to pair it with then really how much are you going to wear it and how much use will it get. I know that I hate having stuff that only can go with one other thing because I like taking one item and seeing how many different things that I can combine it with. Make sure you can do that with prints as well. Don't be scared of trying new prints or mixing prints!
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks so much for Reading!
New posts every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday!

~Rachel
____________________________________________________________________________________________


 Also go and check out my other blog which will be about college and just lifestyle the first Post will go up Monday 8/19 and there will be new posts every Monday after that!

http://collegeandlifestye.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and this also gives me a chance to check out other blogs if you leave a link to yours as well! I always try my best to respond to all and check out the links you leave!