Monday, August 26, 2013

Makeup Organization (Dorm Room Edition ~~ Makeup Monday)

Hi Everyone!

I once again have missed a Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday! I do have a reason this time though, I was moving back to college! Things had been so hectic but I am all settled now and back on track for makeup Monday. I thought with having just moved all my makeup I would show you how I organized it in my room.

Let's Get Started!

This year I live in on campus apartments so I actual have my own room. It is great and I love it so much better then sharing a tiny dorm room that also did not have air conditioning last year. So that being said I do have a little more room to store my makeup but here we go!


This is the dresser that I use to store my makeup in. The front of it I actually modge podged fabric onto with colors that would match my room.

Top Drawer: This drawer is where I keep most of my everyday essentials like: Contacts, clippers, tweezers, bobby pins, hair ties, hair clips, lip products, and random mini gel liners and primers.

2nd Drawer: This is where I also keep essentials such as makeup wipes, foundation, moisturizer, deodorant, and hair products. In here I also keep extra hair ties and bows. Extra mascara and eyeliners are also kept in the silver square in the back.

3rd Drawer: This is where I keep my everyday hair stuff and spray. Since I had extra room in this drawer I put my backup makeup for when my products run out.

4th Drawer: This is where I keep half of my nail polish and nail polish remover. I also have the stick on nail strips and fillers in here.

Bottom Drawer: This is where I have the rest of my nail polish. I also have this basically empty container which as Advil and makeup brush cleaner in it.

This is where I get ready and as you can see my brushes are in a glass container on the right and then my palettes are in a paper filler on the left.
This thing does not house any makeup but the top two glass containers do! The right one has mascara and eyeliners that I frequently use. The left one has my tall/long lip products on rollerball perfumes.


That is my makeup organization for my room! I do have two tips in keeping everything organized and neat:

1. Containers, Containers, Containers! I am someone who can not stand not having a home for everything. That is why I have so many little glass containers because it gives the products a place they are supposed to go and then I am less likely to just throw it someone and I always know where it is.

2. Store like things together. Like having one drawer for hair stuff of nail stuff. Also in containers put all eye things together or all eyeliners together.



I believe that is it for my makeup storage and on my life Wednesday I will be sharing with you what is in my school bag and then for fashion Friday it will be about some typical everyday college where. So there is a theme this week all about college but after this I am open to any suggestions for next weeks posts!

Thanks so much for Reading!
New posts every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday!

If you would like to see what my full room looks like you can head over to my college and lifestyle blog. My post today is about Dorms & Roommates. There will even be a video of my dorm from last year and you can see where I kept my makeup when I shared a small room!

http://collegeandlifestye.blogspot.com/2013/08/dorm-room-roommates.html

~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and this also gives me a chance to check out other blogs if you leave a link to yours as well! I always try my best to respond to all and check out the links you leave!