Sunday, August 18, 2013

WE Fest - Livin The Dream In 2013 (Bonus Post Sunday)

Hi Everyone!

Today is Bonus Post Sunday and what I will be talking about is long overdue. I am going to be talking about WE Fest that I went to a couple of weeks ago and my experience there.

Let's Get Started!

To start off let me share with you what exactly WE Fest is:

Wikipedia: WE Fest is an annual three-day country music festival held the first weekend August at the Soo Pass Ranch in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota, United States. The festival was started by Jeff Krueger in August 1983 and was held in a barn to accommodating 9,000 people. Since then, concert goers can choose to camp at different campsites during the festival. Today, it is now one of the biggest country festivals with camping in the nation. In 2007, the attendance reached a record high of 83,000 people over the weekend at the themed "Heaven in '07" concert. (This year it was Livin the Dream in 2013)

Urban Dictionary:
The biggest country festival in the United States located in Minnesota. It is a huge drunk, shitshow where people dress ridiculous and do ridiculous things. You may as well come single, because you will make out with at least 10 strangers. Horses on sticks, guys in short shorts, and profound shirts are likely to be found here. It is spring break, only better. Be ready to drink your ass off for 5 days straight!


I was so excited to go to WE Fest this year because one of my favorite artist Carrie Underwood was going to be there. My friend and I just got general admission tickets which were not all that bad if you knew where to go. On the sides it is absolutely horrible because there is no room to move and there are so many people so close together. We spent a little time in there during one artist and I did not like it one bit. People were dropping drinks and just dropping and going to the bathroom wherever. It was gross and not fun.


Things did get better though. In the middle where people bring lawn chairs and it is more adults there is room to even sit down and you are not near a bunch of people at all and it is a lot cleaner as well. I preferred that 100 percent over being with the high school and college kids and so close.


 
Even though my friend said that Keith Urban was the best, and don't get me wrong he was pretty great I loved Carrie Underwood. And for her performance we even got closer into reserved lawn chair from her parents. This is a huge change from general admission and I would definitely pay a little more to be anywhere but general admission even though it wasn't as horrible as it could have been.


While in reserve lawn chair we did run into something that I found quite amusing. At concerts you stand. Correct? Well according to the grown man behind us this was not something that we should have been doing. He sat the whole Carrie Underwood concert behind us and pouted because we were standing. I found this to be really very funny. Not something I would expect from an adult guy that is for sure.



On to camping. At WE Fest it is typical to camp but my friend and I really did not want to do this so instead we stayed at my lake cabin which is only 15 minutes away and just had my dad drop and pick us up. I know that I would not like camping. I like to have my own bathroom, like to shower, and not be around a bunch of drunk people 24/7.



My Top 5 favorite performers from this year:
1. Carrie Underwood
2. Keith Urban
3. Little Big Town
4. Darius Rucker
5. Kellie Pickler

 A few tips:
~ Get tickets right away because they are WAY cheaper. You can always sell them if you end up not going.
~Have a fully charged phone when there.
~Make sure to use all your food tickets so you don't waist the money you spent on them.
~Don't be the drunk people puking and peeing everywhere. Its gross and no fun.


Next Years Headliners!


 Who I am most looking forward to next year:
1. Jason Aldean
2. The Band Perry
3. Florida Georgia Line


Thanks for Reading!

New Posts every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday!

Also go and check out my other blog which will be about college and just lifestyle the first Post will go up tomorrow and there will be new posts every Monday after that!


 ~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and this also gives me a chance to check out other blogs if you leave a link to yours as well! I always try my best to respond to all and check out the links you leave!