Friday, August 2, 2013

My Back to School Must Haves (Fashion Friday)

Hi Everyone!
Today is Fashion Friday and I am doing My Back to School Must Haves.
This applies both to high school and college some things more for college. That is because I will be returning to college in August for my sophomore year and there are things I believe that you have to have.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Let's Get Started!
______________________________________________________________________________________________

BLAZER:
A Blazer I believe is a staple piece to have in your wardrobe. It can very easily dress up an outfit and make an outfit look professional. It is so versatile and can be wore with really just about anything.


______________________________________________________________________________________________

CARDIGANS:
These are something I could not live without. During the fall and winter I wear a cardigan almost everyday. They are perfect for layering. They like a blazer can be worn with really anything are not as dressy as a blazer is. They can be dressed up but they can also be casual.


______________________________________________________________________________________________

BUTTON UP:
Buttons up are one of my favorite pieces to wear. This is because they are so layer able, go with anything, and are light. I like wearing them over sweaters, tanks, and tees. I like that they can be styled so many different ways such as buttoned all the way up, buttoned half way, or even tied at the bottom. Like a blazer I think that they can look very dressy and I even wore one to a job interview. They are light so they are perfect for a top long sleeve layer in fall and spring.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

SWEATERS:
Sweaters are another great thing for fall. If you aren't looking to layer it up like cardigans then you can pull on a sweater. These can be paired with anything as well and you can get them in so many different styles, colors, and prints. They are super cute with a pair of jeans and boots. They are great with scarves as well. They are good for fall because you then don't need another layer and are not to hot either.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

GRAPHIC TEES:
Graphic tees are not something that I own a lot of but before going back to school is something I hope to get a few more of. They, in my opinion, really can add something to an outfit. They are so cute to layer with a button up or a cardigan. If you don't want to wear a print or bright color they are an easy way to add something interesting to your outfit and can even show off what you like and are interested in.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

TANKS:
I personally believe you can never have to many tank tops. I think I have a tank top in at least every color in some kind of style. These are my go to pieces under button ups and cardigans. They like tees can really add something to your outfit. They, like I think I have said for almost everything, are the best for layering.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

JEANS, JEANS, AND MORE JEANS:
Jeans are another thing that I have a lot of. I am loving colored and printed jeans. They are a staple piece that you need to find. I believe everyone has to have at least one pair of jeans that they love and are there go to piece if they cant find anything else to wear. Because I have so many neutral colored tops I love having colored jeans to add a pop to my outfit! So many people say that jeans are so uncomfortable and they would rather wear sweatpants but I disagree I think that jeans are actually super comfy and I would never wear sweatpants instead of jeans.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

DRESSES/SKIRTS

Dresses and skirts are one of my favorite things to wear. At least 5 out of 7 days a week I am wearing a dress or a skirt. I think they are just so cute, girly and are just easy to wear. When I don't feel like trying to find a shirt to wear with jeans and all of that I just throw on one of my favorite dresses! They are great because they can be wore for anything. If you want to go casual through on a pair of sandals or flats and if you want to dress it up then you can put on a pair of wedges or heels. I think they are also key if you have special events or things to go to. One place that I wear dresses is to my sorority meetings because we have to dress up. I think every girl needs to have at least one nice dress that they love and feel beautiful in.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

COMFY CLOTHES:

One thing that I have learned in college is that comfy clothes are a necessity. Sure you don't have to wear them out and around but at night and after classes when you are working on homework I loved to change into my sweatpants and sweatshirt and just be cozy. Also they work for bed like the shorts in the picture below are what I wore to bed. Comfy clothes are something everyone needs for when they want to relax.


 ______________________________________________________________________________________________
SCARVES:

Scarves are one of my favorite accessory and in my opinion the best way to finish off an outfit in the winter. I think one of the reasons I love scarves so much is because where I live in the winter it gets really cold so they keep me warm when I am walking to class and when I'm in my room and in class. They can also boost up a neutral outfit by putting on a colored scarf. I think they are so cute and can be styled so many different ways.


_______________________________________________________________________________________________

BANDEAUS:

I could not rave enough about these if I tried. Sometimes you just don't want to wear a bra but at the same time cant wear a sports bra so a bralette is the perfect thing to wear because in my opinion they are so comfy they are like a sports bra but much cuter and are shaped almost like a bra. Bandeaus are the same middle but are perfect for strapless tops or tank tops that are loose and hang low.



_______________________________________________________________________________________________

JEWELRY:

Jewelry I think can make or break an outfit so styling is key. There are two things every girls jewelry collection need to contain a statement piece and an everyday neutral pieces. A statement piece like a bubble necklace can make a boring outfit so much more fun and if you already have a bright fun outfit then you can stick with just basic silver and gold pieces like the ones below. Statement pieces can really dress up an outfit and neutral pieces can just add a little more to an outfit to make it that much better. Just as long as you don't go overboard on jewelry.

 _______________________________________________________________________________________________

SHOES:

Sandals are a key item in the summer, spring, and warm months. One thing to keep in mind when buying them is what will go with the most outfits. For example should you get brown or black or even gold or silver.

Boots are something that I lived in last winter and fall. A Pair of boots is a key item in your wardrobe and can promise that they will probably get a lot of use.

Flats I also lived in, in the fall and the spring. Since I did so much walking to class I found that flats were the most comfortable and went with everything that I wore.

Heels are something to have in case you do have a special event or something that you need to be dressed up for. For sure a neutral pair such as nude and black but a colored pair are always fun to have.

 
________________________________________________________________________________________________

That is it for my Must Have Back to School Items. Share with me in the Comments what your back to school must haves are.
A few tips to remember when going back to school shopping is:
~ If you are not sure you are going to wear it don't buy it because, you wont.
~ Make sure you can pair what you are buying with pieces already in your wardrobe.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks For Reading!
New posts every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.
~ Rachel

http://beautyandfashionbyrachel.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and this also gives me a chance to check out other blogs if you leave a link to yours as well! I always try my best to respond to all and check out the links you leave!