Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My Makeup Routine (My Life Wednesday)

Hi Everyone!

So I have missed Fashion Friday and Makeup Monday but I do have a post for you today! I decided I would mix my life Wednesday with a little bit of makeup Monday. There will also be a fashion Friday post this week will be all about Prints!

So Let's get Started!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The first thing that I do when getting ready is a clean my face with cleansing wipes. I have one that I absolutely love and it is the target brand up & up cleansing wipes. I don't know about anyone else but I hate the Neutrogena ones. Those ones seem to burn my face when I use them and I'm not the only one I know they burned my friends face as well. Has that happened to anyone else? I do have really sensitive skin but they shouldn't do that! That is why I like the target ones because they do not.



The next thing I use is moisturizer and this again is the target brand up & up. I like this one because it has SPF in it and that is great for the summer because I didn't have to put any extra sunscreen on and I never got burnt so it clearly works. I have also used the Clinique moisturizer and I did like that one a lot to but that one is a little more expensive but I believe that up & up works just the same for me and I don't really see a difference in how is affected my skin.



Concealer time is next! I use Benefit's boi-ing and I absolutely love it! It is probably my favorite makeup product that I own! It really does cover up every little spot big or small on your face and that is what I want. Also it works wonders for under eye circles.
After concealer I use my liquid foundation which is Urban Decays Naked Skin. I have gone through two bottles of this stuff and I will continue to use it. I like how this foundation looks on my face because it is very smooth and not cakey looking at all which is a plus in my book. It is not a heavy, heavy coverage but it can definitely be layered up. To apply I use the real techniques brush on the left to just put it all over my face and then use the blending sponge to blend in nicely in.


Powder foundation is what I use right after the liquid foundation just to lock it all in so that my foundation lasts the whole day. I use Neutrogena's mineral powder foundation and I use the pad that comes with is and just pat it on my face and then use the powder brush to blend it all in. I like how light this powder is because with all of the concealer and liquid foundation I have already put on it still doesn't feel like I have a ton of makeup on my face.


The next steps are my favorite and that  is bronzer and blusher. I use NYX's bronzer and Wet & Wilds Blush in Pearlescent Pink. I did a review on the NYX bronzer if you want to check that out! I use the bronzer to highlight my cheek bone line and then I use it on the sides of my temples, jaw line, and the front of my jaw. I like the pigmentation of the NYX bronzer and that it is easily blendable. I use the blusher just on my cheek bones and I think the color of this blusher is just beautiful and it looks so natural and pretty.


Moving away now from my whole face and just to my eyes. I love doing ye makeup and coming up with new looks to try but there is one that I usually always stick to and it is my go to eye makeup look. I start with Sephora's eye pot as a primer and this stuff isn't the best but it does really help to prevent and creasing or smearing. The next thing I use is Mary Kay's cream eye shadow in eyesicles. It is basically white and sparkly and so in my opinion a great base color.


The Basics Palettes by Urban Decay is probably one of the best makeup purchases that I have ever made it is the best palette I think that you could own because it has all the basic matte colors you need and it is perfect for travel. I might do a review of this for makeup Monday, what are your thoughts? I use all of the colors on the palette and I go from light to dark from the corner of my eye out. and I use the black for eyeliner on the lower lash. I then use the last brush to blend it all together.


Next is mascara which is my favorite thing because I firmly believe everyone should at least wear mascara because it completely can change the way you look. It really adds something to the way you look even if you aren't wearing any other makeup. It makes you look polished and ready for the day. I first curl my lashes and then use a mix of Covergirl's flamed out and clump crusher. (I did a review comparing the two!). I also you The Rocket Mascara and like that one as well.



To finish off the eyes and face I fill in my eyebrows using NYX's eyebrow set. I think this gets the job done and it was cheap. I like to color of the brow in it a lot.


Lastly is lips. I like doing a lot of different lip looks as well but I do have one that has been my summer go to lip. First I use my EOS lip balm in raspberry and usually I but that on before I do my eyes so that when I get to my lips they aren't all dry and gross. The next thing I use is Neutrogena's lip stick and I love the smell and texture of this lip stick. The color is also a very natural lip look. To finish off my lips I use Almay's Lip Gloss in a coral color and I love coral for summer and this lip gloss is not sticky. Which is the best! I hate sticky lip gloss.


___________________________________________________________________________________________

That is it for my everyday makeup routine mixed with a little bit of small review of the products!
Thanks for Reading!
New posts Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sundays!

~Rachel
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Also go and check out my other blog which will be about college and just lifestyle the first Post will go up Monday 8/19 and there will be new posts every Monday after that!

http://collegeandlifestye.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and this also gives me a chance to check out other blogs if you leave a link to yours as well! I always try my best to respond to all and check out the links you leave!