Friday, August 30, 2013

Fashion Do's and Don'ts for School (Fashion Friday)

Hi Everyone!

Today is Fashion Friday and since for some school will be starting or has already had for many, like myself, I thought I would do fashion dos and don'ts for what to where to school whether you are in college or high school.

Let's Get Started!



To start off I am going to talk about how to beat the heat. I know for not all of you it might not be super hot but where I am right now it is beyond the normal heat temperature. So here are some tips on how to beat the heat.



DO:
~ Wear loose fitting clothes.
~ Wear light colors.
~ I would opt for a dress or a skirt otherwise shorts and a tank are a go to.
~ Wear light fabrics.
~ Avoid to much layering

DONT:
~ Wear dark colors.
~ Wear unnecessary layers (ex. jacket, sweater).
~ Wear heavy and thick fabrics.



Jumping to my next piece of advice I am going to talk about leggings. I am going to start by saying some leggings yes can work as pants but please make sure if you do wear leggings as pants that when you bend over you cant see right through them. In personal opinion though just avoid wearing leggings as pant because they are not. I like to think of leggings as my room pants that I wear when I want to be comfy but no one else but my friends and family will see me.



DO:
~ Wear with a tunic or longer shirt.
~ Pair them with and oversized sweater.
~ Make sure they are a heavy fabric.

DONT:
~ Wear them as pants if they have the chance of being see through.
~ Make them your everyday wear.
~ (opinion) Wear them with just a crop top or bandeau.



Dresses and skirts are next. There is a time and a place for every type of skirt and dress. School is definitely not the time to be wearing something that you would consider going out to a club in. Remember that it is not just you around your peers but there is also the staff of teacher and professors there as well.



DO:
~ Wear dresses and skirts that are tasteful for school.
~ Try a little bit longer.
~ Be more modest, you can be modest and look amazing at the same time.

DONT:
~ Wear what you would wear out to party or a club (Its probably not appropriate).
~ Wear plunging necklines.
~ Wear to short of skirts.

Story: If I can see your butt when you walk in a dress you probably should not be wearing it, at least to school. I remember walking into school in high school and a girl in front of my was walking and was wearing a dress and the more she walked the more of her butt I could see. It is uncomfortable and not something that you want others to be seeing, that I am sure of.



Shoes, shoes, shoes. Shoes are one of my favorite things to buy and high heels especially but you will not catch me walking across campus in a pair of pumps. Here are some of my everyday shoe dos and don'ts



DO:
~ Wear comfortable shoes
~ Buy shoes that you know you will wear often (neutrals are the best)
~ Make sure you have practical shoes for every season (especially if you live somewhere it snows)

DONT:
~ Buy shoes you know will only match a few outfits
~ Shoes that may be cute but are uncomfortable to walk all over campus in.



The last things I am going to talk about it your personal style. There is a quote that I recently heard that one of my roommates has on her door as a decal that says "Be your kind of beautiful". That is so true and what I think many people need to aspire to do. Everyone needs to find what makes them happy and feel good about themselves. We all need to find our beautiful. It can be hard when there are so many things shouting at us what beautiful is supposed to be. I believe though once you and even me find out what makes us feel truly beautiful and find what my personal style is that we will feel so good about ourselves.



I have recently tried to do this I buy things that I like and that I want to wear even though it may not be the newest trend but it makes me feel confident. I have always been severely self conscious about myself but that is not as strong of a case anymore. I feel good and confident when I can look at myself and say that I look good having put together what I feel amazing in. That is something I think everyone needs to strive for because it is (I hope so) attainable.



Thank you so much for reading!
I think next week will be a product review but I am not sure what on. If you do have a product you would like me to review leave it in a comment down below. Also if you agree or disagree with some of my dos and don'ts tell me.
There are new posts every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.

~Rachel



If any of you are in college or will be I have another blog that is all about college and lifestyle and it would be awesome if you checked it out. The post this week was on Dorm Rooms & Roommates. Next week it will be on Majors & Classes.

http://collegeandlifestye.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and this also gives me a chance to check out other blogs if you leave a link to yours as well! I always try my best to respond to all and check out the links you leave!