Monday, July 22, 2013

Mascara Review: Covergirl Clump Crusher & Flamed Out || Blossoms & Beauty


Hi Everyone!

To kick off Monday, I have picked out two popular drugstore mascaras at the moment and that is Covergirl's Clump Crusher Mascara and Flamed Out Mascara and I will be testing them out and giving you my honest review of both of them.

Let's Get Started!

-------------

CLUMP CRUSHER

FLAMED OUT 
I have been using both of these mascaras for about a month and have to say I do have one that I prefer to the other as my go to.
But first let me discuss each mascara on its own.

--------------

CLUMP CRUSHER:


The clump crusher is very wet compared to many different mascaras but that is something that I like about it because then you can layer it up and it does not clump (hence the name). The applicator brush is by far my favorite mascara brush that I have used. This is because it is so thick and also has a nice little curve to it so you are able to load up all the lashes with a lot of product. Because of it being thin and curved it can easily be applied to the lower lashes as well.

-------------

FLAMED OUT:


The flamed out mascara goes on a lot thicker compared to the clump crusher which then means it is easier to end up with your lashes looking clumpy and spidery. The brush could not be less similar to the clump crusher if you tried. The brush is very thick and has a little wave in it. This makes it difficult to use it for your lower lashes without hitting your skin which is a downside. Overall though, it really does make your lashes thicker and in my opinion look longer.

Conclusion: 
The CLUMP CRUSHER has a better wand.
The FLAMED OUT holds curl better after using a lash curler.
The CLUMP CRUSHER is better for lower lash application.
The FLAMED OUT is better for more thicker looking lashes.

If you haven't guessed by now the one that I prefer is the clump crusher compared to the flamed out mascara.


Suggestion:
Something that I do is apply one coat of Flamed out to the upper lashes and then go over that with clump crusher to the upper and lower lashes.

  ---------------

Thank you so much for reading and taking a look!
If you have any questions or comments about anything I talked about leave them below and I will be sure to answer!

| Rachel |

Also go ahead and follow me on:

1 comment:

  1. Great comparison post hun il check out the clump crush mascara next i think.

    Beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your feedback and this also gives me a chance to check out other blogs if you leave a link to yours as well! I always try my best to respond to all and check out the links you leave!