Monday, October 7, 2013

Maybelline the Rocket Volum' Mascara Review (Makeup Monday)

Hi Everyone!

Happy Monday! I hope the start of everyone's week is going well. I have done little to nothing today. I have not made a visible dent in my homework at all. Today I had class for an hour then came back and have been watching Modern family for three hours. Anyways today is makeup Monday and I am doing a review. I am doing a review on the rocket mascara. Mascara is a product that I love trying. I have horrible eyelashes and look funny, in my opinion, if I am not wearing mascara. Meaning I am on an endless endeavor to find an amazing mascara.

Let's Get Started!


I was really excited to try this mascara because I had heard so many good things about it. Sadly though I was a little bit disappointed. A few key things happened that I do not like in mascara. I can use this as a base coat but can not wear it by itself.

-
CLUMPING:
This mascara is the worst clumping mascara that I have ever gotten. Some people may like that because in turn you get a lot of mascara on your eyelashes. I on the other hand would rather apply a few layers of mascara and not clump then apply one layer to achieve what I want and have it clump.

I think that it may have to do with the wand.

 
As you can see the bristles are very close together and some are super short. There is just to much product on the wand for me.
 
+
VOLUME & LENGTH:
 
The volume payoff is not bad that is actually really good. That is due to the wand I am sure. I love to use this as a base coat because it gives off great volume and length. This is the first mascara that I have found that I can really see a difference in volume and length when looking in the mirror. So that is definitely a positive.
 
-
STICKY
 
When on my eyelashes it seems to take forever to dry and even after it is feels very sticky. I do not like that on my eyelashes and it makes them seem kind of heavy. With it being so sticky it is hard to get off even with makeup remover. I have to sit and scrub, which is probably not good, but what I have to do. Even when I think I have it all off in the morning I will still get a mascara ring under my eye.
 
 
Here is a look at what the mascara looks like on me.
 
BEFORE
 
 
AFTER
 


 
 
Overall I was not super impressed by it and would not go out and purchase it again. There are other mascaras that I would prefer. I like to use it under my Covergirl Clump Crusher (Which is my favorite) and then it is not so bad. I know for some people it may work but it does not work great for me. Just looking at the pictures my eyelashes I feel look wet and clumpy. I hope if you have tried this it has worked out for you and if you also don't like it let me know in the comments down below, also let me know what are you favorite mascaras are down below.
 
Thank You for reading and taking a look!
New Posts every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday!
This Wednesday the post is What's in My Purse.
Again leave me comments down below because I love to see them!
 
~Rachel
 
Follow me on Bloglovin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and this also gives me a chance to check out other blogs if you leave a link to yours as well! I always try my best to respond to all and check out the links you leave!