Thursday, November 20, 2014

Review: NARS Pure Radient Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

Hi Everyone!

Today I am going to be reviewing NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer. I first tested out this product when I was in New York City. I went to the NARS store on Madison Avenue and got my makeup done and if you want to check out that post I will link it here. I absolutely loved it when they used it on me so when it was time to purchase a liquid foundation I took a break from my normal Urban Decay Naked Skin liquid foundation and wanted to test out this one. I have used it for I would say about two months and am going to share with you my thoughts. 

Let's Get Started!
Let me start by saying that it is good to remember that this is called a moisturizer so it is not meant for heavy coverage even though it does give a great coverage. It gives a great coverage for me because all I am trying to do is tone down the redness of my face and even out the splotchy areas. I use the color Light 2 Alaska but I think that I could go one shade down. 


The comparison pictures are not great because it was early in the morning as I got ready and light is awful but you can see that it slightly tones down redness and it evened out my skin a lot. I good way to see the coverage is by looking at the spot on my left cheek (right in picture) and compare how much it shows up on the after picture. It is almost invisible and that is how I personally test coverage because it is a dark brown spot which can be hard.

It has great coverage and on top of the it is light. It feels like I have nothing on. I hate being able to feel foundation on my face but this formula is light and soft. I apply it using a foundation brush and then blending it in with a beauty blender. 

Because it is a moisturizer I have found it great for the start of winter when my skin tends to get ridiculously dry. Using this is like putting on an extra moisturizer on top of my normal one and has kept my skin from drying out to much. I normally have pretty dry skin and this keeps it from looking dry put it also does not make it oily.

This product would also work for the summer of you just wanted something light to put on. You could just put this on and as an added bonus it has SPF 30 so you would also be protected from the sun.

One downside of the product is the high price. It is $42, which is crazy expensive but I have sensitive skin and I am sure their is a drugstore one that would work but I have tried tons and they all irritate and break out my skin but this one does not do that, which is always a plus.

Overall I would highly recommend this product because I like it and it does last a long time so you will get your moneys worth from the product. If you are on the fence about it I would suggest going to Sephora and asking for a sample so that you can try it out. A sample is a good way to determine if the product will work for you. I know for me from that sample I got about 3 days from it so for me a little goes a long way and I don't need to buy a new one every two months. 

I would not recommend it if you are looking for a high coverage matte foundation because it is sheer and dewy which is something I like but it is not everyone's personal preference. 

-------

Thank you so much for taking a look and reading!
New main posts every Monday and Thursday.
If you have any questions or comments about anything I talked about leave them below and I will be sure to answer!

| Rachel |

Also go ahead and follow me on:

6 comments:

  1. This looks and sounds really good, but I just don't know if I could justify paying so much on a tinted moisturiser haha! I think it would definitely be an amazing summer product though :)

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    Too Faced giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is super spendy for just a tinted moisturizer. That is why I know I got 3 samples of it before actually buying it because I had to know if it would be worth it. I agree that next summer it will definitely be one of my summer makeup staples.

      Delete
  2. Great review! You have a lovely blog as well :)

    -Ashley
    jerseygirl1216.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I know NARS is one of my favorite makeup brands!

      Delete

I love hearing your feedback and this also gives me a chance to check out other blogs if you leave a link to yours as well! I always try my best to respond to all and check out the links you leave!