Friday, October 18, 2013

How To: Hair Bows (Fashion Friday)

Hi Everyone!
 
Today I am going to be sharing with you how to make my favorite type of bow. I love making bows and it is one of my favorite things to do when I am bored. They are really simple and easy to make and a whole lot cheaper then going out and buying premade bows from places like forever 21. I think bows are so fun to wear and are also great for football games!
 
Let's Get Started!
 

My Bow Board in my apartment!

 
 

 
STEP 1: Gather supplies, you will need a glue gun, lighter, solid thick ribbon, same color thin ribbon, and then lace.
 
 
STEP 2: Glue the lace to the solid thick ribbon.
 
 
STEP 3: Fold the pieces in half and then unfold them so you can see the crease then put glue along the crease
 
 
STEP 4: Take the ends and bring them to the middle where there is glue. Do not place the ends over each other but so that the two ends meet in the middle.
 
 
STEP 5: Turn the bow over to the front and fold it in half and place a small dot of glue in the center on the bottom and hold it together. Make sure the top edges in the center are not glued together.
 
 
STEP 6: Take the outer two edges and fold them over to the back and glue them.  
 
 
STEP 7: Put glue on the edge so that you will be able to put the two bows together
 
 
 
STEP 8: Stick the two bows together at the centers
 
 
STEP 9: Take the thin solid ribbon and glue the end to the back of the bow.
 
 
STEP 10: Wrap the thin ribbon around the bow.
 
 
STEP 11: Once you get back to the back of the bow put a bobby pin on it.
 
 
STEP 12: Then glue the ribbon and bobby pin down.
 
 
 
STEP 13: Take your lighter and run it along the edge of the thin ribbon so that it will not fray.
 
 
Tada you are finished!
 
 
Thank you so much for taking a look and reading!
I hope that made sense I am not sure if it did put if you have any questions leave them down below in the comments.
New posts every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday
 
~Rachel
 
Follow me on Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and this also gives me a chance to check out other blogs if you leave a link to yours as well! I always try my best to respond to all and check out the links you leave!