Monday, November 18, 2013

Beauty on the Outside = Ugly on the Inside? (Makeup Monday)

Hi Everyone!
 
Today is makeup Monday which means it is all about beauty today. I decided to do a little bit different post for makeup Monday than I usually do. I decided to go with one more like my recent fashion Friday posts like Campus as a Runway and Does Fashion Matter? So basically it will be more of me just talking and sharing my opinions.
 
Let's Get Started!
 
From the title you can tell what my main topic for today is about, it is beauty inside and out. For this post I looked up makeup and beauty quotes and many that I ran into were about how makeup is such a bad thing. I don't find this to be true and I think many people are under the assumption that when people wear makeup they are trying to cover up who they are, which more than likely not the case.
 
 
For me and many others makeup is a way to enhance your already natural beauty. Everyone is beautiful, just in different ways. Makeup is a way to highlight what you find beautiful about yourself or for you to feel comfortable staying in or going out all day. Makeup is a confidence booster. If I were not allowed to wear makeup my confidence would severely drop along with many people I think.
Another thing that I found were many quotes about how makeup is used to cover up being ugly on the inside. Why does that have to be the case? Why were there so many quotes about people who wear makeup being ugly on the inside? I do not understand that. Wearing makeup is not a device used to try and cover up some sort of ugliness on the inside. Makeup like I said previously is used to enhance and be a confidence booster. It sharpens up your whole look. It makes you, in my opinion, look much more pulled together and ready to take on the tasks of the day.
Generalizing here but I feel that many people do not wear makeup for others. Makeup is worn for the wearer. I personally do not wear makeup to attract attention from guys or for others to think that I am pretty, I do not wear makeup for anyone other than myself. Like the quote above says lipstick holds the promise of a smile and a good day. This is because of the confidence, that I have mentioned many times already, that makeup gives you. Putting on a great red lipstick can make me feel so fierce and in charge that it can change my whole attitude for the day, just like clothes. This is something a lot of things cannot do.
 
 
 Makeup like clothes is fun to experiment with and to find your identity. My style in makeup has changed as I have gotten older and as I have changed inside. I use much more makeup but it looks much more natural. It is a weird concept and seems almost contradictory, but it is true. So many people say they feel better without makeup on but I feel quite the opposite. No I do not mind siting at home for a day without makeup on but if I am leaving the house you bet I will have my makeup done. Why would I risk feeling insecure and uncomfortable if it only takes ten to fifteen minutes to feel confident and beautiful.
 
 
Beauty on the outside is what everyone will see first and what will draw them in. As bad as that sounds it is true, but beauty on the inside is what keeps them around. You can be the most beautiful person but if your personality and attitude, for lack of a better word, suck people are not going to stick around. That is just the truth. Makeup is there to make your outer beauty match your inner beauty. Yes it can be used to shield an ugly inside but because that it is true for some people it is not true for a majority.
 
 
Overall I find that when people say, beauty on the outside means you are trying to cover up an ugly inside, they are wrong. You can be beautiful inside and out while wearing makeup. It is not used by everyone as a way to cover up ugliness but instead a way to enhance the beauty which they already have.
 
My favorite part of the morning is putting on makeup. It is like creating a piece of beautiful artwork; my face is the canvas and makeup the paint. 
 
Thank you so much for reading and taking a look!
New posts every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday
Leave your comments down below because I love to see them and hear from you!
 
~Rachel
 
Follow me on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and this also gives me a chance to check out other blogs if you leave a link to yours as well! I always try my best to respond to all and check out the links you leave!