Monday, November 4, 2013

October Beauty Favorites (Makeup Monday)

Hi Everyone!
 
Today it really hit me that it is already November. Where in the world did October go. There is absolutely no way that I have only a month and a half left with this semester of college. As October ended I hope everyone had a spectacular Halloween weekend, I know that I had a blast! Even though I lost my tiger ears at a dance. During October I found myself using new beauty products and sticking to them more then I have previously. In thinking about that I thought why not start doing my monthly beauty favorites. That is what this post will be discussing is my beauty favorites during the month of October.
 
 
Let's Get Started!
 
 
The first item that I have been loving this month is my Naked 2 Palette. I got this palette quite a while ago and used it all the time. Then I purchased my Theodora and Basics palettes from Urban Decay and stuck to those. This month though I rediscovered this and have been using this palette so much more than the other two. The metallic and shimmer neutrals, I feel, work well for fall and winter compared to my soft matte colors.
 
 
I know this palette is a little bit on the spendy side for some people but the quality of these shadows make it worth the price. Keep in mind at the end of the month Black Friday and Cyber Monday will be here so look out for possible deals on this palette because I would strongly recommend purchasing it.
 
 
From Benefit the Pore fessional is next. I purchased this item around the beginning of this month due to the fact my foundation was running into my pores. I know it sounds gross. I had little dots of makeup all over my face by the end of the day which was the makeup just sucked up into my pores. (On a side note does anyone else have this problem because the associate in Ulta thought it was weird.) This product does seem to help with that because it is filling up my pores before I even put makeup on and I am left with a smooth finish instead of the dots.  
 
 
Another Benefit product I have been using religiously this month is boi-ing. I have not had terrible acne to cover up this month which is what I normally use this for but I have found that it works great for my growing under eye circles (that is what college and sleep deprivation will do to you). The coverage is spectacular, it is not called industrial strength for nothing. I like that it is not super thick either it actually goes on thin but still manages to cover up almost anything.
 
 
Continuing the theme of Benefit products is Watts Up. This product I received from Sephora as the birthday gift in April but never used it at all. This month though I brought it out and have been using it everyday. Where I have been using it is right under my brow bone as a highlighter and love the way that it looks there. I am not sure where else to use this product so if anyone has suggestions please leave them down in the comments, I would love to know where else to use this!
 
 
Finally moving away from Benefit is a product from Covergirl. This product is from there Catching Fire line. It is one of there flamed out shadow pencils in 305. I could not find a name on it and I wish that they did have names. I use this as a base for my eye shadows and even on its own if I am going for thick liner. The color is a metallic brown and looks gorgeous as a base. It adds a little shimmer that you would normally not have with the eye shadow alone. A problem that I have run into with products like this is that they tend to crease easily. This did not do that, I had it on all day and it did not crease which made me like it even more!
 
 
Lipsticks are my favorite thing to purchase and this month I was in the market for a good neutral lip color. I found a Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick and fell in love. It is in the color 105 (again wish all products had names). This color is almost the same color as my lips but a little bit darker. This is the perfect neutral for me and it last throughout most of the day which is a plus. The feeling on the lips of this is also great it is not to thick and cakey or chalky but instead is light and creamy.
 
 
The next product I have been using for a few months now and use it everyday. The L'Oreal Lineur Intense is my favorite eyeliner of all time. It is a felt tip and I have found that it provides the best application for me. It makes a clean and sleek line and good for when I try cat eyes. I will repurchase this item and prefer it to liquid, gel, and pencil liner. It is just so easy to apply!
 
 
The final item that I have I actually purchase because it was in one of sarahbelle93x videos. I thought it looked like a gorgeous color in the video and was not disappointed when I got it home. It is a beautiful berry/wine color and perfect for fall. I love the colorburst by Revlon lip-glosses and have other colors as well. They are not sticky and do not wear off super fast. The pigmentation is also nice and can be worn light or built up dark.
 
 
 
Thank you so much for taking a look and reading!
New posts every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.
Please leave comments or questions down below because I love to see them!
Lets me know what your favorite beauty products during October were.
 
~Rachel

Follow me on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and this also gives me a chance to check out other blogs if you leave a link to yours as well! I always try my best to respond to all and check out the links you leave!