Friday, November 1, 2013

It's Cold! (Fashion Friday)

Hi Everyone!
 
Happy first day of November! I don't know about where you are but where I am it is now freezing out! I am not a fan of the cold and hate snow even more. I am not looking forward to when it actually snows and stays on the ground. Snow and a cold temperature making walking to class a chore. Today what I thought I would talk about is a winter fit wardrobe.
 
Let's Get Started!
 
The first thing that is a must when going outside is a warm winter coat. I am currently in the market for a winter coat that will keep me warm but that is also fashionable.
 
 
 I would love a colored coat but neutrals are always the safest to go with. Why? Because they match everything and I do not have the budget for more then one coat. Coats can be expensive!
 
 
The picture above may make some people excited about winter and the holidays and it just makes me cold. One thing the cold brings about besides snow is ice. Walking to class with the fear of slipping and falling is not fun. Who wants to slip and fall in front of everyone else walking to class? No one, its embarrassing!
 
 
A solution of have found is to have boots that are rubber on the bottom and are not smooth and flat. It may just be me but I feel that boots that are rubber and have grip indents make walking on ice quite a bit easier and safer.
 
 
During the winter something that I can not go without is a scarf. Scarfs for the winter are much different than for the fall. For winter there purpose is to keep me warm where as in the fall it is to add a layering piece for a bit of warmth and fashion. For winter I love tight infinity scarves that are huge and fluffy. Or I like the ones that are similar to the picture above. I have a scarf that is super warm but it always sheds!
 
 
What is my favorite thing to do on a cold winter night? Wrap up in a comfy, cozy sweater, heat up some apple cider and flip on my favorite tv program. I could not live without sweaters in the winter. I wear one every single day and am always looking to add more to my wardrobe. I think I wear each of my sweaters once a week especially my favorite ones. My sweaters are my go to piece when I am getting ready.
Another must for winter is without a doubt mittens or gloves and a headband or a hat. I am not one that really likes hats but cute headbands are a must to keep my ears warm. Mittens are also so cute and I would die without them in the winter. Again neutrals work the best (at least for me) so that they can go with anything. That way you don't have to buy multiple pairs.
 
 
No matter how much I don't like it winter is on its way. I guess that just means cuddling up and watching Harry Potter with warm apple cider will be on its way also!
 

Thank you so much for taking a look and reading, it is very much appreciated!
New posts every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, & Sunday.
Leave me a comments down below, I love to see and read them!
Let me know how cold it is getting where you are and if you are looking forward to winter.
 
~Rachel
 
Follow me on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and this also gives me a chance to check out other blogs if you leave a link to yours as well! I always try my best to respond to all and check out the links you leave!