Friday, November 29, 2013

Love the Skin You're In (Fashion Friday)

Hi Everyone!
 
I have been loving doing posts like my previous Makeup Monday and past Fashion Friday Posts. (Campus as a Runway, Does Fashion Matter?, & Beauty on the Inside = Ugly on the Outside?) I think this is because I love to share my opinions and thoughts so much. Today I thought that I would talk about loving the skin you are in and loving yourself the way that you are.
 
Let's Get Started!
 
For a long time I have been working on truly loving myself and the way that I am. I am sure that many people have. Getting to the place where you are happy and content with how you are is hard. There are days that I still struggle with it. I look in the mirror and pick our flaw after flaw. I lay in bed and wish and think I could look different or act different.
 
 
 
Other days though I love the way I am looking and can not help but take a few selfies. One thing that I have learned is sometimes all you need to do is smile. Smiling even though you may be so unhappy really does help.
 

 
When I notice myself picking out my flaws I tell myself to pick out some positives because everyone has good things about themselves even if they cannot see it.
 
 
It is not bad to have things that you want to work on that is actually really good to have goals and desires but do not everyday bring yourself down on them. Look at it like a positive you have enough drive and strength to change the things that you want to.
 
 
 Loving the way you are can be hard because of media. Magazines and runway shows do not help anyone's self esteem in any way. Looking past what the media displays as beautiful is a hard thing to do but once you do that you will feel a lot better.
 
 
What I do to make myself feel confident is putting on my makeup and a cute outfit and walking with my head held high across campus. No I may not be strutting across campus in even a size 4 body but I am as confident if I were.

 
My challenge to you is to write down 10 things that you love about yourself. I will even do it to. If you want to share leave it in the comments down below.
 
1. I love my hair.
2. I love my nails.
3. I love my smile.
4. I love the friends I have surrounded myself with.
5. I love my gray eyes.
6. I love that I am so empathetic.
7. I love my family.
8. I love that I am creative.
9. I love my teeth
10. I love that I am caring and loving.
 
 
Those are my ten things that I love about myself. I know it is hard to write those ten things it was a struggle for me as well but it made me feel good. Pointing out ten things that you love about yourself can completely change your mood and outlook on the day so I would love everyone to do it!
 
 
 If no one has told you today,  you are beautiful! 
Thank you so much for reading and taking a look!
New posts every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, & Sunday.
Please leave any of your comments down below!
Next week I promise my post will be related to apparel items!
 
~Rachel
 
Follow me on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and this also gives me a chance to check out other blogs if you leave a link to yours as well! I always try my best to respond to all and check out the links you leave!