Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Transforming my room for the Holidays || Blogmas Day 2

Hi Everyone!

Today is Blogmas Day 2 and I just realized how much I have to do for finals week and it is crazy! I am so excited though for the Christmas season and being done with this semester though. Normally I do not decorate my room or anything but this year I was just feeling extra Christmassy and decided why not. So that being said I am going to share with you the things I did to change up my room.

Let's Get Started!


First I changed my bed spread to snowflakes. I know this is not the most practical change for everyone considering bed spreads can be expensive but I bought this one for $20 on black Friday which is a really good deal. In place you could add a Christmas blanket which will make it festive and fun. 


I then knew I needed to change my lamp because it is pink. I had this other lamp and I wasn't using it so I just switched them out. I also took the vase and changed out the flowers and covered up the purple letters with gold ribbon. 


I also added just a cute Christmas candle that adds a little extra and I love the cute little snowman!


The next thing I did is a DIY. I made this thing to go above my bed and I believe that it adds something extra to my room and it only cost me $10 to make. 


All you need is paper in the color(s) of your choice, mini clothes pins and ribbon. Then cute out triangles from the paper, nail up the sting and clip the paper up with the pins. I chose to get a variety of textures. I bought glitter and the light green is more of a fabric paper and the textures make it super adorable I think. 


The final thing I did was add ornaments to my mirror. Normally I have flower garland that is pink hanging from my mirror so I switched it out for this gold braided ribbon and ornaments that I already had in my apartment. 

There are so many little things that you can do to decorate your room, apartment, or house for the Holidays and I know for me I am just so happy when I walk in to my room because it makes me excited for the Holidays. 

-------

Thank you so much for taking a look and reading!
New posts everyday up until Christmas!
If you have any questions or comments about anything I talked about leave them below and I will be sure to answer!
Let me know good deals that you got on Black Friday!

| Rachel |

Also go ahead and follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback and this also gives me a chance to check out other blogs if you leave a link to yours as well! I always try my best to respond to all and check out the links you leave!