Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick Review (Make-Up Monday)

Hi Everyone!

I did not get a post up yesterday for Makeup Monday so today I am do a Make-Up Makeup Monday. I am doing a review today as I am sure you saw by the title and I am doing it on Neutrogena's MoistureSmooth Color Sticks. 

Let's Get Started!


Let me start by saying these are great during the winter. This is because they are not a lipstick because they have the moisture of a chap-stick in them. They are better than a chap-stick though! Why? Because they have color in them. It is not a sheer color either they are very pigmented like a lipstick. So basically it is the best of both worlds. They do have a glossy look though so it is not like a matte lipstick. Overall it is like you are applying a chap-stick, lipstick, and lip gloss all at one time.

The coating it very thin though so it does not feel as if there is a tone of product on your lips but you still receive a great color payoff. One thing that will differ from person to person whether they like it or not is the taste and smell of them because they have both and they are very distinct. I do not mind either of them personally I like the smell of them but I know that other people do not and the taste has never bothered me. 

They last like a chap-stick though meaning that you will have to reapply it during the day because it wears off fairly easily. There are in a convenient package to carry around, they may seem a bit bulky but it is like a pen so easily fits in my purse and school bag. 

I feel as if you do get a good amount of product for the price that you are paying for them which is $8.99. I think that is a pretty standard drug store color stick price and is not overly expensive since you are getting three products in one and a good amount of product. 

I own two colors I own a neutral color that matches the color of my lips perfectly and that is soft raspberry.


I purchased a darker red color for the winter which is rich raisin and I think this will probably be my favorite color from all of the options. This red is absolutely gorgeous and can be worn every day because it is not overly dramatic. 


The pictures are not great because they do look similar but I promise you they are not. 

Overall I would rate this product as an A+, and normally I do not like Neutrogena products but this one I absolutely love. I will be buying more of these and I highly recommend them.

One thing I want to add to this post is a beauty You Tuber that I love. She makes some great beauty videos and I would encourage you to check her out.
Her YouTube is lauradollx


If you do check her out let her know that Rachel from Blossoms and Beauty Blog sent you there! 

Thank you so much for reading and taking a look!
New main posts every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.
Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you have down below!

~Rachel

Follow Me On:

Check Out My Previous Makeup Monday Post:

1 comment:

I love hearing your feedback and this also gives me a chance to check out other blogs if you leave a link to yours as well! I always try my best to respond to all and check out the links you leave!